PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Z16XE / Z16SE] Ölverbrauch?

mihai
17.05.2010, 19:25
Hello!
My name is Mihai and i am new on your forum. I like the Opel Astra G and i would like to buy one Second Hand from 2001/2002.
I dont know german language because i am not from Germany, but i would like some information about this car.
I ve heard that the Z16XE and Z16SE are consuming a lot of oil. Is it true, or the people i've talked to are having some very used Astra engines?
I really would wanna buy the 1.6 Opel Astra engine because i like the car very much.
So... what do you think about these 2 engines, especially the 16v z16xe one?
Any other particular problems?

I hope you can respond me in english.

Thank you!

Translation in german using Google Translate/Übersetzung in Deutsch mit Google Translate

Hallo!
Mein Name ist Mihai und ich bin auf Ihr Forum neu. Ich mag den Opel Astra G und ich würde gerne einen Second Hand ab 2001/2002 zu kaufen.
Ich weiß nicht, Sprache Deutsch, weil ich mich nicht aus Deutschland, aber ich möchte einige Informationen über das Auto mögen.
Ich habe gehört, dass der Z16XE Z16SE und verbrauchen viel Öl. Ist es wahr, oder die Menschen, die ich gesprochen habe, sind mit einigen sehr Astra-Motoren verwendet werden?
Ich wäre wirklich wollen die 1,6 Opel Astra Motor, weil Ich mag das Auto sehr viel zu kaufen.
So ... Was denken Sie über diese 2 Motoren, insbesondere der 16V z16xe eine?
Jede andere besondere Probleme?

Ich hoffe Sie können mir in Englisch antworten.

Vielen Dank!

Jolpo86
17.05.2010, 21:46
I have the Z16XE

Between the oil changes, i do not refill my oil and it is always full when checked. So oil consumption is 0,0l/17000km.

The engine is very solid and doesn't make any problems - I have 122000km on it.
I even want to keep it until it is at least 30 years old, to have a real oldtimer.

The Z16SE and the X16XEL are the ones that really need some oil, but after all, its just a matter of how someone has taken care of the engine over the years.
Someone who doesn't go full speed and doesn't use the lowest rotations per minute (rpm) will have a lot of long lasting fun with an engine. So to say, the former owner desides how long the engine lasts ;)

mihai
18.05.2010, 11:16
Thank you Jolpo for your answer. I was starting to get worried. I' ve hear some people with the Z16XE that consume between 800-1L per 1000km (yes 1000km, not 10.000km) and i just couldn't belive it.
P.S: Beautifull car Jolpo(the one in your avatar). It has a nice color ;).
Interesting ideea to keep it at least 30 years.
Does the car have any other big problems? I wanna buy the car to keep it for a long time. 10 years or even more. I don't think or at least i hope it wont have rust problems.

Jolpo86
18.05.2010, 11:21
no, definitely no problems with the car.

Walkaa
18.05.2010, 21:28
If an engine needs that much oil there has for sure something broken-down, even if the engine is known to need a lot of oil.

Maybe valve stem seals or piston rings.

Dont know if these things often cause problems on 1.6l engines.

MowY
18.05.2010, 21:34
My Z16SE Needs 0,2L oil of 1000 thousand Kilometers.
Maybe its a lil bit more then other cars, but its okay.

So i need to refill Oil every 5 thousand kilometers.

i hope i can help ;>

MadX
19.05.2010, 09:54
Hi mihai,

another respond from a Z16SE-driver. It's for sure that some of the Z16SE/XE engine have a little more oil consumption. But this is mainly a question of maintenance of the pre-owner of the car.

The my experience owning a Z16SE from 2003 is ~ 0,6 L / 1000 km. It depends on the distances you are riding. Taking short tracks (not greater than 2 kilometers) mainly over ~ 500 km causes a higher oil consumption. But going on usual purpose it's okay with a 0,5L / 1000 KM.

For the Z16SE the replacement of the thermostat is mint work. But if you renew the distribution belt do it once and it'll quite you down.
Sometimes the AGR (Abgasrückführungsventil), a valve that mixes frsh gas with exhaust gas causes trouble. But the is a service bulletin by Opel to disable the AGR via software and to use another seal that shut off the AGR.

That's all so far I remember.

In case of questions I'm happy too answer those.

Greetz
MadX

mihai
26.05.2010, 12:24
maybe i am a little bit offtopic, but i've bought the car :D. An Opel Astra G Club 1.6 16v Z16XE 2001 with 138k km. :D

Domgastuhu
26.05.2010, 12:52
I hope you will have fun with it. It's a nice car. :wink:

mihai
26.05.2010, 12:55
I hope i wont have any problem with it. I will keep in touch with you guys and tell you the latest info :D.
L.E: I've putted a new distribution, changed the oil and filters :D

mihai
21.08.2011, 08:56
Hello again!
It had been more than a year since i own the car, so as I promised, i will tell you more info's about it.
It consumes about 1l / 2000 km of oil. I think it is a bit much.
Also, I am having some problems with the EGR valve. Sometimes the car's engine is stopig because of the EGR( I think the valve sometimes remains stuck open).
Until now, these are the only big problems I had with it.
I will probably buy next week a EGR off ebay. I found a few cheap ones at about 50 EUR, postage included.
Hope it will be good.

Do you think I should start thinking of a capital repair of the engine.
Will it fix the oil consumption?

Thank you!